Welcome. This is the place where lots of composing will be going on! I would like to invite you to consider joining in. It could be so much fun. Poems, book reports, articles, essays......that's what you'll find on this blog. So, if you are interested, let me know and I'll help you "hack in". The only rule here is that it must be an original compostion. Hope to see some compositions from you soon.

Friday, March 28, 2008

THIRTY SECONDS OVER TOKYO By Captain Ted W. Lawson


Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo is a true account by Captain Lawson who is writing his own story and that of his friends. He tells of his training and of what happened to him and his crew in China after the raid on Tokyo, sometimes called the Doolittle Raid. Captain Lawson joined the Air force in order to become an aeronautical engineer. He worked at the Douglas aircraft factory before he joined the Air force when he was twenty-five years old. Taking off from the USS HORNET he dropped his bombs on Tokyo, then he flew to China, but he did not get there. He crash landed in the China Sea and was all but killed. The memory of his wife and unborn child was all that saved him. He was found by Chinese Guerrillas who got him to safety. After Lawson recovered, the famous General James Doolittle gave him a position as an aeronautical engineer in the U.S. Air force. This is what he had always wanted to be. This is an excellent book about America's engagement in war after Pearl Harbor happened. I consider this a ''must read'' for anyone studying WWII. This is a well written book that I have read twice.

S.A.B


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z_Wk8Dz2n8 This link shows a clip of a movie that was made based on the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!!! we have that book!! I want to see the movie!