Welcome. This is the place where lots of composing will be going on! I would like to invite you to consider joining in. It could be so much fun. Poems, book reports, articles, essays......that's what you'll find on this blog. So, if you are interested, let me know and I'll help you "hack in". The only rule here is that it must be an original compostion. Hope to see some compositions from you soon.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The R.M.S. Lusitania


The R.M.S Lusitania was a British passenger ship that was sunk by a German torpedo during WW I. It was one of the two fastest ships in the world. A warning from Germany had appeared in New York newspapers on the day of the ships departure that any ships flying the flag of Britain or her allies would be liable to destruction. But no one believed the warning. One hundred twenty-three Americans sunk with the ship that day. The American government was outraged that Germany would sink a passenger ship. This incident turned the public in favor of entering the war on the British side.

No comments: